Monday, June 1, 2009

Cinema Metropolitan

Tonight I went to the Cinema Metropolitan to see Angels and Demons with a few of my friends. The theater is located at the north end of Via del Corso, right near Piazza del Popolo. The movie was excellent and it was neat to see a movie that was actually filmed in Rome. Everytime a new location popped up on the screen I became excited because I have visited a lot of the sights. There were scenes at Piazza del Popolo, Piazza Navona, the Vatican City, St. Peter's Basilica, Santa Maria della Vittorio-- to name a few.


The movie theater had the most comfortable seats I have ever seen in a movie theater, and was relatively small with only four rows that had 15-20 seats in each row. The theater also offered paninis, beer, mixed alcohol drinks, and gelato at its concession stand. Prices were relative to those that can be found back home. If you are looking for a little piece of America in Rome, I suggest visiting a movie theater that plays American movies in the original version! It was a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment