Wednesday, May 20, 2009

automobili sulle vie

People use several different types of transportation to get around the streets of Rome.

In the United States , seeing one of the SmartCars was a funny little instance where I found myself amazed by the size of it, especially since I drive a gas-guzzling Ford Explorer. I even read an article in USA Today during April that said because of the decrease in gas prices, SmartCar sales in the U.S. were dropping drastically. In Roma, the SmartCar and other cars of its size can be seen everywhere around the city. Gas in Roma (and all around Europe) is significantly higher than in the U.S., where I've seen gas costing 1.26Euro a liter, which is equivalent to $6.75 a gallon in the United States. Having fuel efficient, high MPG cars appears to be a necessity in Roma. I recommend using public transportation or walking over other means of transport.


Central Rome Public Transport Map

No comments:

Post a Comment