Sunday, May 24, 2009

Suore

Around the city, especially the Vatican, many different types of nuns can be seen. Being the mecca of Catholicism, I expected to see religious figures throughout the city but I had never realized a few things about them.


In particular I have noticed that not one of the sisters I have seen has been wearing the same outfit. Usually when I would think of a nun or a sister I would think of the outfit being worn as the typical black robe with white underneath, but I have seen several different oufits on the sisters around Rome. I have attempted to research why this is, but to no avail. I heard from a friend that sisters from different sects and positions within the church wear different clothing. This is my only explanation thus far, but I can tell you that if you are looking to see or speak to a sister, head towards any of the 900 churches around Rome (especially the Vatican) and you will be sure to find some.


Interested in joining a convent Click Here.
Increase in # of U.S. women joining convents?

No comments:

Post a Comment