Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ciao to the People of Rome!

Sadly enough, I think I might actually miss the different characters I have seen walking along the streets of Rome. What will I do walking down the streets back home without seeing a gypsy on the ground begging for money? Or a group of tourists crowding the sidewalk? Or even hearing the occasional "Ciao Bella!" coming from a creepy middle-aged Italian man? I suppose it is just an adjustment that I will be forced to make, because these characters just can't be found back in my hometown.

I would say more than anyone though, I will miss the street musicians. As an avid music lover, the contemporary sound of a man playing an accordian , playing two recorders with his nose, or even the man from day one that I saw lip-syncing to Pavorati is music to my ears. For now though, I must say my goodbyes and maybe I will be back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment