Monday, June 15, 2009

Tourist Traffic









The temperature outside is getting hot, Hot, HOT!!

Summer is getting near as the days go on, meaning more and more sunshine every day. Funny how the place of the sun in the sky has an affect on the traffic patterns of people on the sidewalk. Yesterday while walking down the Corso, I quickly became irritated by how slowly the people in front of me were walking and noticed that there was an overflow of people on my side of the street. I looked right across to the other side to notice that only one old man was walking down the street. Before thinking twice I quickly crossed and after about 50mt realized why no one was on the opposite side of the street-- the sun rays were burning the back of my neck to a crisp. I looked back across to the other side of the street and noticed how cool and shaded the area was. I had never noticed this type of traffic pattern in people before. Now that I have noticed it though I see it everywhere. I just haven't figured out yet if it's worth sweating down the sunny side of the street to avoid slowing walking behind tourists on the shady side.

No comments:

Post a Comment